Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blue Ombré Nails


To make my swatching job easier I did an Ombre mani using (L-R) Miss Sation Let's Mingle & Jingle (Holiday Golightly Winter 2012), Orly Au Champagne (Holiday Soiree Winter 2011) and Sation Board Girl Blue (California Gleamin' Summer 2012). Please excuse the bite marks of Let's Mingle & Jingle (my two year old got to it) haha. 
I liked that the Miss Sation polishes had a large flat brush that made application easier, Board Girl Blue is a creme cerulean blue polish that is completely opaque with one coat I was satisfied with the consistency and application , Let's Mingle & Jingle is a silver-spangled sapphire blue it has a sheer consistency and took me 5 coats to achieve full opacity which I didn't like the application however was great and the brush distributed the glitter evenly. Orly's Au Champagne is thick and highly pigmented pearlescent white that gives a super glossy finish and full opacity in just two coats.


I did started with two coats of Board Girl Blue, and sponged on Let's Mingle & Jingle about 5 times since the consistency is pretty sheer and liquid, and two of Orly's Au Champagne.





I took pics on different lightning to show the colors better.


                                               Individual swatches coming soon.


1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for a Liebster award all the details on my blog x http://nailsbyvanessamarie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete